Description: This individual coordinates the Chapter's annual Bird-a-thon event, which is a fundraiser much like a walk-a-thon or bike-a-thon where individuals or teams count the number of different bird species seen or heard in a 24 hour period. Each participant collects pledges from family, friends, relatives, neighbors or businesses for each species found.
- Form a committee, if necessary, to plan and coordinate all aspects of the event.
- Work with Finance and Fundraising Committees to review last year's Bird-a-thon revenue (if applicable) and determine budget and target revenue for this year's event.
- Recruit individuals and organize teams; offer suggestions for seeking pledges
- Locate and solicit businesses, foundations and other major donors for donations
- Work with the Publicity Chair to publicize the Bird-a-thon
- Coordinate an awards banquet or other recognition event for volunteer participants and donors