A Chapter Executive Director is a paid employee who manages the organization. His/her role is to design, develop and implement strategic plans for their organization in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. The Executive Director is also responsible for the day-to-day operation of the organization, including managing committees and staff and developing strategic plans in collaboration with the board for the future of the organization. In essence, the board grants the Executive Director the authority to run the organization. He/she is accountable to the President of the Board and reports to the board on a regular basis - quarterly, semiannually, or annually. The Board may offer suggestions and ideas about how to improve the organization, but the Executive Director decides whether or not, and how, to implement these ideas.
- The first and foremost task of an Executive Director is to plan strategies and developmental plans for the welfare of the organization.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors for the development and implementation of such programs.
- He/she has to perform all the management functions at the organizational level.
- Ensure that the developmental programs are designed in a way to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
- Work on the management succession planning of the organization, so as to ensure that a capable management is in place to handle work effectively.
- Maintain various official as well as higher management documents and produce them wherever necessary for the Board.