Election in Process
The status of current nominations and elections for Regional Directors is detailed below. All links are to Word documents.
- Procedures for Regional Election Nominations to the Board of Directors
- Regional Board Position Descriptions
- Background Information for Nominees
2013 Regional Nominations Completed
Nominations have been received for three candidates to serve three-year terms on the National Audubon Society Board of Directors as Regional Directors from the Atlantic Flyway-North, Central Flyway–South, and Pan-Flyway Regions. The term for these positions will run from January 2014 to January 2017. Because one individual was nominated for each position, according to regional election procedures, the sole candidate in each region will be nominated directly to the NAS Board of Directors and an election will not take place. Candidate statements are available by clicking on the name of each candidate below.
Atlantic Flyway-North Region: Connecticut, Maine, (Massachusetts), (New Hampshire), New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, (Rhode Island), Vermont, West Virginia
- Leigh Altadonna (Wyncote Audubon Society, PA)
Central Flyway–South Region: Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- Joy Hester (Houston Audubon Society, TX)
Pan-Flyway Region: All states.*
- Karim al-Kafaji (Golden Gate Audubon Society, CA)
* Pan-Flyway Director position is elected by all chapters and to provide cross-cutting representation. This position is envisioned to provide new opportunities and new flexibility for the Regional Directors to better serve all chapters.