Frequently Asked Questions - General
- How can I update our Chapter leader contact information?
- How do I order Audubon educational materials, brochures, pamphlets and other outreach materials?
- What is the direct deposit our Chapter received from Audubon?
- How do I request a Meritorious Service Award or Great Egret Award for our Chapter, and how much lead time is needed to prepare them?
- Can I start a new Chapter in our area? What do I need to do?
Please complete a Chapter Leader Report Form whenever your Chapter elects new officers and assigns committee chairs. In addition, any time Chapter leader contact information changes throughout the year, please forward that information to Chapter Services.
Please browse our catalog, complete the order form and send by email. You will receive an invoice with your order to be paid by check.
Audubon directly deposits three types of payments into Chapters’ checking accounts:
- Baseline funding - deposited the month after receiving a Chapter’s complete annual report. (The amount will be the same this year as last year). Contact Chapter Services to determine whether or not the payment was baseline funding.
- Membership Incentive Payments – quarterly payments made to the Chapter for 100% of the first year’s dues for each new Chapter-recruited Audubon member. Log in to My Audubon Gateway to view your Chapter’s quarterly reports (see FAQ #1 if you don’t yet have an account).
- Audubon Grant funding (e.g., Collaborative Funds, TogetherGreen grant, etc.) – if the Chapter has been awarded a grant, the deposited funds should match the grant award. Contact Chapter Services for questions about these amounts.
Audubon offers four standard awards, each with different criteria.
The following three awards are offered as a service to Chapters only. They begin with the Chapter nominating the awardee and sending a description of the awardee's accomplishments to Chapter Services. An award draft will be sent to the Chapter award coordinator for approval before signing and mailing the final version. Please allow approximately four weeks prior to your award presentation event after sending the nomination to Chapter Services. Allow additional time if you plan to frame the certificate and/or the photo (in the case of the Great Egret Award).
The Charles H. Callison Award is a National award available to all Audubon staff, volunteers and Chapters. Deadline for nominations is January 15 each year. Awards are presented at the May Audubon Board Meeting. Read more about the Callison Award.
There are generally two reasons that a new Chapter may be formed:
- Your current Chapter serves such a large area that it cannot adequately serve all membership within that territory.
- There is no Chapter that serves your ZIP code.
If you believe there is strong interest and support in your community to start a Chapter, please read more details here.
- News & Announcements
- What is a Chapter?
- Find Your Local Chapter
- New Leader Orientation
- Annual Reporting
- Membership Reports
- Collaborative Funding
- Conservation Programs & Projects
- Outreach Materials
- Licensed Product Discounts
- Meetings & Events
- Regional Directors and Elections
- Update Leader Contact Info
- About Chapter Services
- Contact Us
Chapter Resources Handbook
- About this Guide
- Starting a Chapter
- Running a Chapter
- Leader Roles & Resources
- Connecting with other Chapters
- Conservation Tools
- Education Resources
- Funding & Fundraising
- Marketing Resources
- E-Outreach & Networking
- Regional Directors and Elections
- Chapter-Created Products & Publications
- External Resources
- Online Training Schedule and Archives