New Leader Orientation
Please note that most resources on this website are contained within the Chapter Resources Handbook in the menu on the right of the page.
An Audubon Chapter leader is either an officer or member of the Chapter’s Board of Directors, Committee Chair or paid Chapter staff. Please let us know you are a new leader or if you have taken on a new role by notifying your State Office or contacting Chapter Services. If your Chapter has recently completed an election, please fill out a Chapter Leader Report form and send it to Chapter Services.
Introduction to Audubon, Chapters and Chapter Leadership
On behalf of the National Audubon Society board and staff, we would like to thank you for your willingness to assume the responsibilities of your leadership position and welcome you to a challenging and exciting time at Audubon. You are a very important part of our continuing evolution as one of the nation’s foremost environmental activist and education organizations.
If you have given us your email address, we will send you news and information exclusively for Chapter Leaders from email@example.com. Please add this address to your list of safe email addresses. If you do not receive communications from firstname.lastname@example.org in a few weeks, please contact us to be sure we have the correct email contact for you.
The Leader Roles & Resources Guide will help orient you to your particular position in the Chapter. The Chapter Leader Calendar can help you keep track of Audubon funding opportunities and reporting deadlines, while for additional information and referral, the Audubon Program contact information and State Office contact information provide addresses, phone numbers and email addresses for national and state resources.
Other links that provide useful information include:
- Weekly Chapter leader update - if you have submitted a recent Chapter report with your email address, you are already subscribed to this; otherwise, send a subscribe request to Chapter Services
- Chapters Facebook Group - this is a closed discussion group for Audubon Chapter Leaders only, accessible through your personal Facebook account. Once you click the link to join the group, your request will be pending until approved by the group administrator.
- Action Alerts - Stay up-to-date on the latest conservation issues impacting birds, other wildlife, and their habitat and learn how you can help
- Wingspan - E-newsletter with the latest news on birds and how you can help. Regional editions available.
- Audubon Outreach Materials - publications, lapel pins, and media for Chapter outreach events and meetings.
For those of you who are new to Audubon, you may wish to browse through the following links:
- National Audubon Society Mission
- National Conservation Programs
- National Audubon Society Organizational Chart
- Audubon Chapter Policy
There is a wealth of information contained in the Chapter Leader Guide at the right. Please let us know if you have any questions.